Saturday, November 18, 2006

Small Fry Too

A staff called up to say he developed allergy to a medicine that he was prescribed and wanted a refund. My tech explained to him he needed to see the doctor and get the doctor to verify in writing that he had developed an allergy before we can do the refund. He then requested for us to print the receipt as he wanted to know the price of the medicine.

My tech explained to him that we were busy serving other patients at that moment and we would print the receipt when we were less busy and contact him again to inform him of the price. He accused my tech of being rude and actually told her that she was not upholding the hospital's mission of putting the patient's first and providing timely patient service. He also said she does not know how to prioritise. What an idiot! We had patients who were physically standing at the counter waiting to be served. Those people had more priority than him. All he wanted was the receipt and to know the price so what was his hurry. As a staff he should know better than to hog scarce services and depriving other patients of receiving timely services.

He asked for my tech's name and position in the pharmacy saying he wanted to lodge a complain. When my tech gave her name and position, he actually had the gall to say, "Oh, you're just a technician." Really made my blood boil when I heard what my tech told me. I took down his name and tried searching for his name in the institutional phone directory to locate the department he is from. Guess what! He is a small fry! His name was not even worth being listed in the phone directory. At least my tech's name is listed.

I will still go ahead and submit my complain letter on Monday even though I do not know which department he is from. My vengeance on the stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home