Friday, October 13, 2006

No Stock Means No Stock

Wanted to type this during lunch hour today, but did not have the time.

Anyway, a patient came to collect 6 bottles of Cetaphil wash, but my technician only processed to dispense 2 bottles reason being there were no excess stocks in store or main retail pharmacy. When I told the dad main retail pharmacy only has 3 and they need to reserve for their patients as well, he became upset... okay this is an understatement. He became selfish and stupid. Said it is really important for his son to have the medicine. Hmm... is he insinuating other patients are not important and his son is the all important one? To be frank, his son looks fine. He does not even look eczematous so I cannot understand the reason why it is "important" for him to have the Cetaphil wash. *Roll my eyes* It is just a body wash.

I told him this is a retail item not requiring a doctor's prescription and he can get it over-the-counter at any private pharmacies, but he said he need to claim from the insurance company. Fair enough. I then explained that I would return the prescription back to him so that he can collect the balance of the Cetaphil wash. He refused because he would then have to make an extra trip down. I thought there was something wrong with his brains when he said that. What does he want me to do? Snap my fingers or wriggle my nose or wave my magic wand and make another 4 bottles of Cetaphil wash appear?!

I felt like a broken record, repeating the sentence "We are out of stocks" many many times. Apparently his mustard seed size brain cannot process such a simple statement because he started saying how can such a big hospital not have stocks, and insisted I call the doctor and ask about how to resolve the issue. I did not tell him what the doctor said, but my guess is he would have been really pissed off to hear the doctor saying, "Well, tell the dad it is nobody's fault that the company did not deliver the stocks. He just have to come back another day to get the wash. There is no stock so what can we/he do?" I take back my words about him having a mustard seed size brain, he probably did not even have one in the first place. What can the doctor do when the pharmacy does not have stock? The last I recall, doctors are not warlords nor wizards who can make things appear out of thin air. Insisting that I call the doctor did not help his case at all. Anyway, I am sure he must have flunked his Physics and Chemistry back in school because he did not even understand the basic principles that you cannot create something out of nothing; how can I give him the wash if there is no stock in the hospital.

Anyway, I'm amazed he has not started floating around the clinic with the amount of air in his head. A pity he has already propagated and has passed on his airy property. I pity those who have to deal with the 2 air-heads he produced.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tytianne said...

... ... like the wash is a miracle drug ... if it's that great and he needs to drink the whole 2 bottles at one shot, go somewhere else to buy. whole of Singapore sells it: Guardian, Watsons, NTUC, etc.

Is it that he can't read or is his eyesight too challenged to see it being sold everywhere? Or is it that he purposely wants to make the insurance company pay for something that his whole family use for batheing and washing their faces? In the latter case, maybe insurance companies should start looking into not paying for such stuff since it does not seem likely that the kid/the dad/the whole family will die from not using it. Hey, if any insurers read this, please look out! No wonder insurance fees keep increasing...

October 14, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Yamosh said...

Yes, that's his point. He wanted the insurance company to pay. The insurance company refused to pay out the last time because in the receipt it says Cetaphil wash is a retail item. This time he's smart. He asked for a copy of the prescription so that he can submit as evidence that it is something prescribed by the doctor.

October 14, 2006 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home