Thursday, October 26, 2006

Just Go to SGH

Patient came to my counter asking if my pharmacy keeps the branded form of glucosamine. Told her my pharmacy only keeps the generic brand. Besides, I seriously have no idea what is the original brand of glucosamine; do not think there is one. Okay, I mean it is natural to query about the brands after all there are many different brands of health supplements in Singapore.

What I seriously could not fathom was she asked me to arrange with SGH to send their branded glucosamine to my side so she can pick up the glucosamine from my hospital. I mean if you are so brand conscious why not just see a doctor in SGH and get the branded glucosamine from there? When I told her I am not going to arrange for such thing, she said she will get the doctor to arrange for it. Air head. What can the doctor do when the pharmacy refuses to do the arrangement.

Besides, my guess is this patient is not paying for the medication. Usually the stupid civil servants on pension scheme will make unreasonable requests. If she is a paying class patient she will end up paying much more than the price sold in SGH, and I do not think anybody in the right mind would want to pay 25% more if the taxi fare is going to be cheaper.

Bet she was not able to get the doctor to pressure us into doing the arrangement. Never saw her at my pharmacy for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home