Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tablets or Syrup?

The doctor did not write to supply syrup or tablets so I asked the mom if she wanted to collect the medicine in the form of tablets or syrup. The mom told me she does not know if her daughter can swallow tablets. Okay, that is fine, but the odd thing was she turned around and asked me if her daughter can swallow tablets since she is already 6 years old. That is the MOST stupid question I heard today. How on earth should I know if the patient can swallow tablets if even her mother does not know?!

Whether a person can swallow tablets is an individual's preference. There is no hard and fast rule that says, more than 6 years old means the patient can swallow tablets. Heck, I know of adults who cannot swallow tablets. Luckily the husband had more brain, chose the syrup without hesitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home