Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why Are You Still Buying Medicine?

A dad came to buy antibiotics for his child. When he saw the number of bottles he need, for 13 weeks, he protested that he does not need that many bottles as he did not bring enough money. I then asked him how many bottles he needed. His reply was, "I only need 1 or 2 bottles." When I tried clarifying with him if he needed 1, or 2 bottles, his answer was, "Yah lah, 1 or 2 bottles." I mean this man is really thick, how am I suppose to sell him 1 or 2 bottles?!

When I told him to make up his mind as to how many bottles he wanted to take, he then said his child does not need the antibiotics anymore. The prescription was actually dated a couple of months back, and upon review today, the doctor told the dad the patient does not need to continue with the antibiotics. Then what on earth was he doing at my pharmacy buying some medicine that was not required anymore?! Does he think this is some cough syrup that you can just buy a few bottles and keep for standby and then start taking the medicine when the symptoms come? Heck, I bet he's too clueless to even know when he needs to restart the antibiotics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home