Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's Called Penile Tip!

I asked a dad if he knew where the cream was suppose to be applied, he answered yes. When I asked him where exactly was it suppose to be applied, he said, "The doctor says pharmacy side will tell me." Right, I just asked if you knew where to apply, next thing you turn around and tell me I am suppose to tell you where to apply the cream. Smart.

Gave him my are-you-stupid-or-what look and reminded him that he said he knew where to apply the cream earlier on. He then started fidgeting and mumbling something about "that thing" and I half guessed where he was going. It is PENILE TIP, not "that thing". Had to tell him with an irritated look that the cream is to be applied to the penile tip, and the whole purpose is to make it easier to pull down the prepuce or fore skin.

What is there to be shy about? This is the hospital and we deal with human anatomy. The least the parent could do is to trust that we will be professional and not be giggling or blushing when talking about the genitalia. If you think talking about penile tip is something to be shy about, then what about those women who are being counselled on how to insert the pessary into the vagina by male pharmacists?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home