Saturday, January 20, 2007

Queue Number

This is something that annoys me EVERY SINGLE DAY that I am working. Mine is a small outpatient satellite pharmacy serving only the pediatrics and the adult orthopedics. Without fail, everyday, 5-6 out of 10 patients who came to the 2 dispensing counters would stand in front of our queue ticket machines and ask, "Do I have to take a queue number?"

No, you don't have to take a queue number. Let's see... maybe the queue machines are there for show? Or they are there to hog scarce space on my dispensing counters? Or maybe they are there for your kids to play with because they are so amused by the "beep" sound the machines produce and the slips of paper that appear whenever the buttons are pressed? Or maybe they are there to prove what an i**** you are?

Oh, and by the way you can also ignore the sign that is next to the machine telling you to:
1. Press the green button for queue number. (The green button, not the red triangle!)
2. Tear off the queue tickets from the machine. (Tear off the tix, not rip my machine apart!)
3. Staple one of the queue tickets to the prescription.
4. Leave the prescription in the tray. (Just leave your d*** Rx in the tray & stop shoving it under my nose or placing all over my dispensing counter!)

For your information, the sign is attached to the tray so sign and tray are both just next to the queue tix machine. One tray, one sign for each machine. No excuse for not seeing the sign and tray. It's not as if I asked Dr Wayne Szalinski to shrink the signs and trays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home