Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Medisave Claim

To all Singaporeans out there who happens to be reading this, pls stop asking your "friendly" pharmacist this stupid question: why can't I claim my medicine under Medisave?

You cannot claim your medicine under Medisave because MOH says so. It is not up to me, nor the hospital to decide what medicine can or cannot be claimed under Medisave. We are not the policy makers. If you want a reason, try writing to the minister of health and ask for a reason. The worse that can happen is that your mail gets lost in the tons of mail the minister receives everyday; at the very least you do not get the "are you a retard" look from me.

If I were to be the policy maker, I could not care less what medicine you are going to purchase using your Medisave. As far as I am concern, if you wipe out your Medisave prematurely then that is YOUR problem. Making sure you have enough dough in your Medisave account to last till you draw your last breath is entirely your responsibility. Not the government's, not the hospital's, and most definitely not my responsibility.

If you haven't any money to pay for the medicine, then kindly go get some before you even come to the pharmacy. Hospitals need money for daily operations and we are not about to do charity work just because you come with some sob story on how you mismanaged your Medisave fund and now has naught from the Medisave or personal savings to pay for the medicine.

Welcome to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home