Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Which is More Important? Health or Opinion?

Parent came to collect medicine and when I told her the patient need to take half a tablet, she started telling me her child does not take tablets. In consideration that her child is still quite young to be swallowing tablets, I advised her to crush the tablet and mix it with some water. She then started telling me that her child would not take the tablet because it tastes funny. When I told her to mix with syrups, she said her child only drinks water and does not take syrups.

Really pissed me off when she said that and started asking me if there is another medicine that has similar effect but in the syrup form. What is wrong with her. If the child does not take the medicine, the condition would not improve. Which is more important? The health of her child or the child's opinion that the medicine tastes bad? Anyway, even if the medicine tastes bad, I had already suggested mixing it with syrups. If there is a syrup formulation available would I purposely deny her the option to change?!

Note: Parent is an ang moh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home