Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It is the Same Medicine!

Patient was prescribed diclofenac 75mg, but upon dispensing she said that that was not the medicine she showed the doctor. She then proceed to show me a strip of medicine. Took a look at the strip of medicine and told the patient it is the same medicine except the one she was holding is a 50mg tablet. Essentially it means when you're in pain, you need to take the medicine more frequently than a 75mg tablet.

Simple concept right? No. She insisted it was a different medicine despite me and her husband trying to explain to her that it is the same medicine, but of a different strength. Just when we thought we had finally gotten through to her, she started asking me if the 2 tablets are the same medicine. This happened about 3-4 times. Really wanted to tell her to shut up and ask her if she was paying attention to what I was telling her. If not for her sensible husband I would have done just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home