Friday, July 21, 2006

It is Still the Same Expiry Date and Price!

Parent came to collect medicine for his child using an old prescription. I asked him if he wanted to collect the balance of the medicine he said, "Yes, I want a bottle." When I showed him the full bottle he told me the last time we gave him a smaller bottle and he did not want the full bottle as the medicine expires 1 mth after opening. Anyway, from what is left on the prescription he was only entitled to another half bottle. Explained to him that I will have to give him all the 250ml balance from the last time.

He then asked if that is a small bottle. I mimed the size and he said that was not the size he collected the last time; it was smaller. However, from the pharmacy label on the prescription it showed that he collected 250ml of the medicine the previous time. When I told him he actually collected 250ml the last time, he was not convinced. He started asking how much I would charge him for 250ml. When I told him the price, he insisted I was charging him more and wanted me to check how much he was charged the last time. *Roll my eyes* Logic on my side, the system showed he paid the same amount the last time, but he of course argued that he collected other medications that visit as well, which was again proven not to be so. *Bwahaha*

Unable to argue anymore, he then told me to give him a longer expiry date for the medicine as the last bottle we gave him expired within a month from the collection date. Hello... Anybody up there? He just said he did not want the full bottle as the medicine expires 1 mth after opening, so does it make a difference whether I am or he is the one to open the bottle? The medicine still expires in a mth's time even if it was opened in the pharmacy. The pack size for the bottle is 500ml and if I were to dispense 250ml it is logic that I have to open the original bottle and pour out half its content onto another.

After I poured the medicine, I realise the prescription was missing. Asked my in-charge if he saw the prescription, he told me the parent took back the prescription from the counter. I looked at the parent and he took the prescription out from his wallet. I think this man's stupidity is bottomless. You don't go around taking prescriptions while it is being processed and you don't take back the prescription unless it is returned to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home